Over 25 yearscombined team experience
2 hospitalsacross the country
Hysterectomy is the surgical removal of the uterus (womb) and is performed when a woman has uterus related problems after her child bearing is complete.
Find a hospital
- Meet the surgeons
- Severe pain
- Heavy bleeding during periods
- Other damaged organs
- The presence of fibroids
- The prolapse of the uterus (where the uterus is shifted from its usual position)
- Endometriosis (presence of the uterine lining in nearby organs causing severe pain and bleeding)
- Uterine or cervical cancer
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy- If the women has completed her family & nearing her menopause , then the uterus is removed laparoscopically.
- Vaginal hysterectomy- This is usually done in case of prolapsed and small size uterus and the uterus is removed from below through the birth passage.
Post surgery patient should not lift heavy weights for 4-6 weeks. Preferably the person is advised to avoid cough and constipation.
Patient may develop postmenopausal symptoms like hot flashes , mood swings which subside by itself. If severe then they may need medications.