Over 25 yearscombined team experience
2 hospitalsacross the country
Dr. Shanthala Thuppanna
Consultant Endoscopic surgeon in BEAMS since 2010. She has worked in gynecologic oncology at KIDWAI Cancer institute. Later she has trained in Gynaec endoscopy and infertility at Bangalore and Germany.
MBBS,From Mysore Medical College, Mysore University, started in 1994 November and completed internship in KR Cheluvemba Hospital, Mysore.
MS (Obs and Gynaec),From Kasturaba Hospital Mangalore, MAHA university joined in 2001 and completed in year 2004
Fellowship in gynaecological Endoscopy, From Ramesh Hospital, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science in year 2009
Diploma in gynaecological endoscopy, From University of Kiel, Germany, in year 2012
Trained in Robotics, especially in Gynecologic oncology, from Jewish hospital, Montreal, Canada.
Dr. Shanthala Thuppanna has resented many papers and conducted surgeries in national and international conferences as a faculty. She has also given many talks in all media and written articles in news paper. She was a national level Kho-Kho player with four gold medals.
She has done her under graduation from Mysore medical college, post graduation from Kasturaba medical college Mangalore, MAHE university, in Obstetrics and gynaecology. and later underwent training in gynaecologic oncology in Kidwai institute of oncology and joined Fellowship in gynaecologic endoscopy and got degree from Rajiv Gandhi university of health science. Bengaluru. Later she went to University of Kiel, Germany Jun2012 and got Diploma in gynecological endoscopy degree. She has level I training in Ultrasonography.
- Presented paper on Comparative study of single layer closure of uterus with double layer closure with or without peritoneal closure in cesarean section in AICOG in 2004 at Agra (U P/India) during postgraduation.
- Presented on Double primary in gynaecological malignancy - A profile held at the Annul conference of the association of gynaecologic oncologists of India in 2008 at Hyderabad.
- Invited faculty at RAGE international conference on gynaec endoscopy, at Benguluru on Oct 2010 and AICOG Nov 2010.
- Invited faculty at international conference ICON at Coimbatore December 2012 and demonstrated live gyne laparoscopic surgery.
- Invited faculty for Indian gynaecological laparoscopic association conference 2013 at Bangalore
- She was a National level KHO-KHO player with 4 gold medals.
- Member of FOGSI and Indian gynaecological laparoscopic association.
- Awarded International gynaecologic cancer society scholarship for Robotic gynaecologic cancer training at Montreal Canada.
Milestones at Beams Hospitals, Bangalore
- At beams hospital doing more than 30-40 cases of removal of fibroid and uterus laparoscopically every month, since 2011 .
- Removed successfully huge uterus with many fibroids measuring 2500gm laparoscopically.
- Successfully removed big fibroid (About 9 month pregnant size) in unmarried girl laparoscopically
- Women in whom big fibroid ( 8 months pregnant size fibroid )was removed laparoscopically ,conceived naturally and underwent Cesarean and had healthy baby with us.
- Underwent training in Robotic at Montreal ,Canada.especially in gynaecologic oncology
Work experience at previous hospital.
- Served in Mercara district hospital, Coorg. And conducted lot of complicated Obstertic and Gynecological procedures.
- At kidwai cancer centre done and assisted hundreds of women cancer related procedures like radical hysterectomy for cancer cervix, cancer endometrium and staging for ovarian cancer and managed chemotherapy for such patients.
- At Ramesh Laparsocpic hospital use to perform and assist more than hundred laparoscopic gynec procedures every month. She has done more than 2000 laparoscopic procedures like hysterectomy (removal of uterus), myomectomy ( Fibroid removal), ovarian cystectomy, sling procedures.